Organiser / About festival
Art Film Fest provides a large-scale setting for presenting the latest works of world cinema, as well as noteworthy titles from film history and a selection of quality films curated from the Slovak cinematic tradition. The festival’s centrepieces are its two competition sections – for feature films and short films, respectively. Winners of each are determined by international juries, who grant the Blue Angel Award for best film, director, actress and actor. The non-competition sections feature the works of established filmmakers, notable films of various national cinemas, cult classics that have made their mark in film history and thematically oriented film projects, as well as profiles and retrospectives of acclaimed filmmakers.
The constant concern of Art Film Fest’s organizers is to attract Slovak audiences, generate enthusiasm for the art of cinema and educate as well as cultivate film admirers and connoisseurs. Spontaneous audience interest is central to Art Film Fest’s philosophy, and thus we chiefly aim to interest and attract students and young people. A marvellous atmosphere, appealing programme, stars, luminaries and tens of thousands of visitors are the hallmark of the festival.
Organizer: ART FILM FEST s.r.o., Tomášikova 30C, 821 01 Bratislava, Slovakia, IČO: 48 284 254, DIČ: 2120116383, IČ DPH : SK2120116383, Zapísaná v obchodnom registri: Okresný súd Bratislava, oddiel : Sro, vložka č.117425/B, Phone: +421 2 208 55 100, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information for Art Film Fest 2023 attendees
How do I purchase a cinepass? Quick start guide
- Cinepasses can only be purchased by registered users, so if you’d like to buy one, log in or create a new account.
- Each visitor can only have one active cinepass at a time. If your cinepass has expired, you can purchase a new one or activate your old one (e.g. a Three-day Cinepass).
- Purchases can only be made online, using a MasterCard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron or Diners Club International card.
- After logging in, you will be directed to the "Buy a cinepass” section, where you will find all of the types of cinepass that can be purchased online.
- Click on the “Order” button under the cinepass of your choice and follow the subsequent instructions.
- If you’d like to purchase a student cinepass, you'll need to verify your status online using your ISIC, ITIC or EURO26 card. Otherwise this step will be left out.
- Simply enter your billing information, click to agree with the terms and conditions, and click "Save and order".
- An order summary will appear. Verify the information displayed, then click “Make payment”.
- The system will redirect you to the VÚB Banka payment gateway.
- Enter the requested information and complete the payment.
- After completing the transaction, the bank will automatically redirect you back to the reservation system. If the transaction is successfully completed, your cinepass will be activated immediately.
- The purchasing process is now complete. You will receive an e-mail with a payment confirmation and other information.
- The festival website, www.artfilmfest.sk, will announce the starting date for screening reservations.
- If you have any problems completing your order, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Restrictions on reservations for 2023
To ensure that the festival runs smoothly, reservations for cinepass and accreditation holders are subject to the following restrictions:
- Reservations for a screening can be made no later than an hour before show time.
- Reservations cannot be made for a screening that has already begun or ended.
- Reservations cannot be made for a screening with less than 30 free seats.
- Each visitor can have up to five reservations active at one time.
- Reservations cannot be made for screenings scheduled after the end of your cinepass’s validity period.
- Reservations cannot be made for screenings in the Slovak Rail Cinema Carriage.
- Reservations cannot be made for free-admission screenings.
- Reservations cannot be made for ticket-only screenings.
- None of the above? Ask our staff at a registration point.
Festival organizers may suspend or disable reservations for administrative reasons – but you will always be able to cancel a reservation.
Which products (cinepasses and tickets) are available to visitors?
Comprehensive information on tickets and cinepasses can be found on the official festival website in the “Tickets” section.
Festival technology partner